Sunday, August 23, 2015

Conclusiones

Well, this post is three months late, but I wanted to put a final "end" to this chapter of my blog adventure :)

After a hectic summer balancing two internships in two different countries, moving every two to three weeks, and working hard to both create and maintain community, I have been so grateful for the past week to just be at home.  Tomorrow, the chaos begins again as I start my senior year of college at two universities (isn't life fun?).

My time in Xalapa was truly enjoyable.  It was hard, sure -- from loneliness to the expected struggles of living in a new culture and learning another language, I struggled.  But it was worth it, and I think that coming away from the experience I have absolutely learned much about myself, about what it means to live alone, about just what life can be like in Mexico... The list could go on and on.

I hope to some day be able to return to Xalapa, or have the opportunity to live in another country for an extended time.  I won't do things the same way, but then, that's what this was: a learning experience.  I certainly don't regret how things turned out! :D

To all of my friends from this spring semester, both at home and abroad: muchísimas gracias.  You helped keep me sane, and made life fun and exhilarating and chaotic and sometimes stressful.  I love you guys.

Until next time,

Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment